Valentines day, a Hallmark holiday that either leaves you with a stomach full of chocolate or a bitter taste in your mouth at the end of the day. Apparently it also serves as a reason for producers to give out free music, that I can appreciate. Some of the better V-Day Giveaways below.
I became acquainted with producer Booty Call just today after hearing his 3 song “Intimacy” EP . 3 lush house tracks that will bring out the love in any situation. Looking for a lot more from him in the future! Download the Ep after you like his FB page HERE.
Morris & Sweater Beats released the 3rd installment of Young Love/Heartbreak. Expect the usual “retro” synths and Hi-Def percussion pulled together by masterfully pitched subs & basslines. Be sure to note the vocal work of Chicago’s GTW on “Need You Around” . Grab the whole thing HERE.
Sam Tiba released a Valentines mix (via Pelican Fly’s soundcloud) that is pure gold, vibes & love felt all over along with flawless blends. If your getting some this V-Day get it to this.
Last, but def not least I present my good friend/frequent collaborator’s new Visual for his tune “When I Met You” silky player raps rapped over a Ta-Ku production, you cant go wrong.
One of my favorite tracks, when I was a junior burger.
The new remix package is straight up awesome!
Defected records, does it again
Eats Everything remix, is my favorite
Get it here
2012 was another huge year music, as almost every year is. I personally found new music everyday and didn’t listen to the radio once…I consider that a success. People tend to do end of the year lists, so I decided to compile one of my own for the first time this year! Without further ado, here are my Top 10 Tracks of 2012…
10. Clicks & Whistles had a bit of a quiet year buzz wise, Saved was released in Jan. well before the “Trap” explosion & has served as a refreshing alternative to the new school Hardstyle/Dutch influenced beats that have become the norm. of upstart “Trap” producers.
9. Chance The Rapper quickly became a national threat to the game after releasing his full project #10 day. Anyone of his songs could easily be placed on any Top 10. Windows stands out as it features a good friend of a friend Akenya Seymour on vocals. Shouts to Chance and the entire Savemoney crew for the moves made in 2012.
8. Baauer-Yaow…my mom knows this song, your mom might know this song, everyone knows all of Baauer’s songs. Congrats to him on his year of dropping Huge tunes. Expect to see many more in the near future.
7. I first became familiar with both GTW & Bengfang after supporting Kami De Chukwu during a performance with the Saturday Youth crew. Sadly I didn’t stay for their entire performance, but soon regretted it after listening to their releases of 2012. They both gained worldwide blog praise after the release of their joint projects this year. Black Lux to me is the perfect balance of GT’s lyrical prowess and Beng Fangs production skill.
6. French bass-centric producers had a huge year in 2012. The Younggunz crew especially, with many of them starting to do their own thing with separate labels we found Bambounou being picked up by Modeselektor’s Monkey Town. His 1st appearance was on Modeselektion Vol.2 ( IMO the best track on the compilation), and has since released a full length album on the label.
5. A member of Chicago crew Savemoney, Kami De Chukwu had a solid year and managed to build one of the most dedicated followings of the group. Earning respect for his advanced wordplay and delivery #LIGHT was one of the most solid (for the quality also very slept on) independent hip hop releases of the year. Home is a crew track featuring various SM members and vocalist Michael Anthony.
4. ….remixing Skrillex & being dropped by EVERY dj ever. French Fries obviously had a huge year. Yo Vogue was a smasher all year, despite claims that his new styles are simple or uninspired. What To Do is a vinyl only release that reworks Thomas Bangalter’s own What To Do into a fresh club track. Despite the digital version being on the lock still one of the best releases of the year.
3. Aussy Swick has been a known player, pumping out huge tunes since 16. Early this year he returned to No Brainer with the release of the Pasta EP. Huge Tropical influenced tracks featuring sometimes partner in crime Tranter. Pasta slides from triplet to straight melodies and grooves with an effortless ease & is quite likely my most played tune of the year.
2. In my eyes the highlight of BNR’S 2012 releases was Strip Steve’s Micro Mega album. I first heard Stomp on the beachfront in Chicago, while Boys Noize pumped it out of multiple stacks of loudspeakers…I was hooked. Stomp emerged as a festival anthem and by far one of the most exciting songs of the year.
1. These Bitches Love Sosa….nuff said
11.Chopped Rick Ross vocals, big drums and a stabby synth melody made Niltsuh’ one of my favorite tracks of the year. I used to start every single set with it, in fact If I hadn’t played the track out to myself I probably would of listed it in the Top 10. Its actually been a month or so since I last listened and its still so good.
12. Asap Ferg- Choppas On Deck, Although the Lords Never Worry tape didnt live up to all my expectations, It did showcase Ferg and project him as my favorite member of the clan. His delivery and flow throughout the entire album is one of kind and is really showcased as the final track of the release.
This bloke doesn’t need a introduction.
So here’s the gist.
TOMMIE SUNSHINE, the man has made made over 200 remixes and countless quality originals.
His style is uptempo jackin house and he never skips a beat!
The friendly party starter crew LOVETHATMUSIC are bringing him down to our favorite Thursday night, Mynt Lounge!
Get down there!
Drink teapots full of booze, see pocahontas sway his hair and listen to Tommie tear Mynt a new one!
See ya there!
DOWNLOAD HIS SHIT BELOW
Another Hip-Hop post for you guys. In the wake of Cheif Keef, Kids These Days, & other Chicago artists catching meteoric rise, a string of great music has been coming out of the youth of Chicago. Now I present you guys Loudmoth of Supreme Regime, a group that has had tracks featured on Just Shake It and blogs all over before. Here is his solo endeavor “Swashbuckler” from the upcoming “Carnage” EP. Enjoy!
Follow Loud Mouth @loudasphuk
If you guys have wondered why I haven’t posted in ages its because aliens kidnapped me for a bit in spring, and I’ve been working on an all new project that is 100% finished. The Community Service Ep/Mixtape with Savemoney’s Preston San. Download and video links below, hope you guys dig it!
Click Image for DL or HERE
Community Service Promo
Zan W/ That Lean Pt.3 Video
Our new remix
We decided to make this whilst attempting to learn it on piano
Hope you like!
Check it out
Best Dirtybird release for a while in my opinion!
Claude VonStrokes remix is the bomb!
We’re on Facebook
MXTAPES BY JUSTSHAKEIT DJS
feel like surfing?
- 2step (4)
- Balkan (14)
- Bmore (11)
- Bollywood (2)
- Bootleg (53)
- Deep (19)
- Disco (32)
- Electro (9)
- Electro Swing (14)
- Electronica (6)
- Funky (102)
- Ghetto (75)
- Hip Hop (5)
- House (170)
- Indie (4)
- Jackin (92)
- Minimix (3)
- Mixes (7)
- Moombahton (3)
- Music (69)
- PODCASTS (1)
- Reggae (7)
- Remix (64)
- Sundae Fundae (38)
- Swing (26)
- Tech (78)
- Techno (1)
- Techno (3)
- Tribal (11)
- Trumpets (41)
- Uncategorized (14)
- Video (4)
All music posted here is aimed to promote new artists, give you a chance to listen to their music, and ultimately provide you the opportunity to support them by buying it. If you the artist/supporting body have an issue with anything we've featured please e-mail us immediately. If you are an artist and want some promoting, send us your tracks and we'll check it/them out. If you just want to say hello - e-mail us.